Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2020 Bookish New Year's Challenge Day 7

Welcome to Day 7 of the Bookish New Years Challenge!
If you haven't checked out the info post - you can do so HERE!
In that post is the info for the challenge; as well as all prompt topics!
Previous Challenge Post:
Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6
If you do decide to take part - just remember to come back and link up at the bottom of this post (and each post in the event) so everyone can visit the post of all those participating!

FOR THOSE USING TWITTER OR INSTA
We will be using the hashtag #2020BNYC!
Use this to make it easier for participants to find your post to help share!

-------------------------------------------------------------


Gracious. Again, I picked this prompt and I have not one single clue where to begin with this. I can promise that this will be scattered and not in any kind of order what-so-ever; I am literally making this list as I think of the things. I'm a pretty big fly by your seat kinda gal (; Welp; here we go!

1. My bookcases are a mess right now.
Now; hear me out. We are moving within the next 3 months; so we have semi packed some things and things were moved around for Holiday stuff and yadda, yadda some more stuff. Normally, they would be in alphabetical order and I would have the signed ones separate; hardbacks in their own spot; paperbacks and so forth. Since we decided to get a bigger place, when purchasing books I have just been kind of setting them on the shelves like a mad woman. It's insanity around here.

2. I don't take notes when I am reading.
GASP! I know; completely unheard of. When I am reading a physical copy, if I keep stopping to take notes, the way my brain works - I find it harder and harder to get back into reading the book. I will take a second or 2 and jot down a page number that I want to use a quote from for the review, because that takes a few seconds! Now, if I am reading on the kindle, I will just use the highlight feature as I read and then go back and make my notes!

3. I'm picky on what I read.
I have certain genres that I stick to when I read. I am not against trying new ones, and I will if the book appeals to me or if someone I know and trust recommends something! I have even been known to grab a book based off of a review from some of you book loving bloggers out there! When I blogged before, I would sign up for all kinds of tours and request books and stuff just because I wanted to make sure I have plenty of review content to my blog. Not this time. I want to read for me. I want to read for enjoyment. I don't mind having a blog that is mostly 3-5 star ratings. My time is precious and I've learned that if there is no interest in the book, I just won't finish it.

4. I'm a challenge snob.
I LOVE challenges. Of all kinds. Especially the reading ones! To me, they help me dig my way through a TBR list of my creation - but gives me guidelines and time tables to actually stick to - which helps me not slack off and actually accomplish things.

5. I'm OCD with my post.
My post have to be set up certain ways or I won't post them. I don't know why, when or how it started, but I have templates now for just about every kind of post I do - and they all follow the same kind of layout. Even when we get promotional stuff, I change it around (with the host permission) to fit my layout. To me everything just kind of looks better uniformed!

6. I only read in certain places.
My cough; the tub; the car and bed.
I used to take the kindle to work to read, but I found I wasn't retaining the book in my head like I do when I read at home. I cannot read in public because the noise is just insanely distracting. I tried reading on an airplane one time, but the person next to me ask 1935798349456 questions; that I literally put the book away just so they would stop talking. (that sounds rude; but I was super nice to the person, I promise!)

7. I'm stupidly snarky.
This isn't really a confession if you know me. It's not a rude or obnoxious kind of snarky either, it is just how I talk.

8. I'm legit just pulling these out of my head right now.
People. I am trying here. I really am! This hockey game is super distracting!

9. OH! I love sports books!
See; just straight pulling things out of thin air right now! But really; Toni Aleo, Jaci Burton, Lori Foster - all 3 of my favorite favorite authors when it comes to sports romances!

10. I love making blogging friends!
It's one of the reasons I put this together! I love connecting to like minded people! I love being introduced to novels from others that I may not have come across on a normal basis. I love reading other peoples points of view when it comes to similar novels we have read. We really do have one amazing community.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping in today!
What are your confessions?!
I'd love to hear from you all!
& don't forget to link up if you are participating!



0 comments:

Post a Comment