Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Bookish New Year's Challenge Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of the Bookish New Years Challenge!
I'm so excited you decided to join in! We are going to make the next 15 days fun!
If you haven't checked out the info post - you can do so HERE!
In that post is the info for the challenge; as well as all prompt topics!

This challenge is designed to get you into your blogging groove for 2020. To reflect on 2019, set 2020 goals; meet new bookish friends; generate discussions
and overall it is meant to HAVE FUN!

If you do decide to take part - just remember to come back and link up at the bottom of this post (and each post for the next 15 days) so everyone can visit the post of all those participating!

FOR THOSE USING TWITTER OR INSTA
We will be using the hashtag #2020BNYC!
Use this to make it easier for participants to find your post to help share!

-------------------------------------------------------------


Oh man. I set these prompts and I am still trying to figure this one out! So I will just go ahead and post what I have so far.

2020 Goals
1. Set reasonable GR goal.
2. Post 4 times a week.
3. Post 2 reviews a week.
4. READ FOR ME; not because I HAVE to.
5. Participate in at least 1 read-a-thon
6. Participate in at least 2 challenges
7. Be more active on Twitter and Instagram
8. Actually use my dang Pinterest!
9. Attend a Reading Event!

I think that is it for now! I think, for me, these are reasonable goals. I love to read, but sometimes I get wrapped up in the need to have something read and posted by a certain time that I forgot reading is supposed to be fun for me. So I am going to cut down on the tours I do and the books I accept - unless they really appeal to me!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping in today!
What are your goals?
Do some of them match mine?
I'd love to hear from you all!
& don't forget to link up if you are participating!


14 comments:

  1. Great goals! I also have to be more active on pinterest. 😬

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the goals!

    Hadn't thought about reading events, like the idea of a reading retreat though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure the reading events are a good way to help me reach my reading goals! & they can be used to keep me on track, so it's a win/win!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for doing this. All the best with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for joining & good luck with yours as well!

      Delete
  4. We have many of the same goals! Really looking forward to this year of book blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for similar goals! Great minds think alike! I am looking forward to this year as well!

      Delete
  5. I think your goals are pretty reasonable (the fourth point is also an important one!), and I hope you are going to achieve them all! Happy New Year ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is super important as well! Happy New Year to you too love!

      Delete
  6. Great goals! I decided also to set a reasonable GR goal. I don’t want to stress with it. Love all these goals. It’s so easy to get caught up in the arc and deadlines game and forget that reading is first and foremost for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought going reasonable this year instead of overdoing it is smart!

      Delete
  7. Love this! I also want to read just for me and use my Pinterest regularly!

    Jas xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "read for me, not because I have to" is a fantastic goal. Reading should be for your enjoyment but that can get lost when you're trying to meet demands. I wish you all the best with your goals!

    ReplyDelete