Friday, December 27, 2019

The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag

I don't actually know who the original person who created this tag is, but I came across it on
Fictionally Sam's wonderful blog! I am tagging all of YOU LOVELY BLOGGERS out there! Yes; even YOU!

You're reading this lovely tag today, because the holiday and life has been kicking my butt and I didn't have anything scheduled today! I figured I would spend the last few days of 2019 just having some fun before I kick off 2020 with my Bookish New Year's Challenge! (feel free to join in if you wish!)

-------------------------------------------------------------

1 - How long have you been blogging?

Recently? Since October 2019. Before? I blogged about 8 years ago - I did it for about 2 years before I had my son and took a longer break that I originally thought I was going to.

2 - At what point do you think you’ll stop blogging?

Honestly, when it stops being fun for me. This is an outlet - a place I can come to share my thoughts with like minded people who share my passion of books. It's a hobby, something fun and a way for me to connect with other readers. It's not supposed to be a chore or feel like it is a 9-5 job. I'll stop when it starts feeling like that lol.

3 - What is the best thing about blogging?

I would have to say connecting with other bloggers and discovering new reads that I may not have on my own. Half of this hobby is connecting with bloggers. It's amazing the kind of people you meet and the friends you make in this community.

#4 - What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?

The worst thing would be when people get obnoxious. Everyone has an opinion. We ALL have opinions. We literally have blogs, Instagrams and Twitters dedicated to OUR OPINIONS on a novel lol. It amazes me how stupidly outrageous people get when your opinion differs from theirs. We all won't like the same things. We all won't dislike the same things.. but we are all entitled to our own opinion and no one has to like it lol.

How do I handle it? Like this; because it's my opinion and not yours (;



5 - How long does it take you to make/find pictures to use?

I just spend 20 minutes trying to find a good "FOREVER" gif - that should tell you something.



6 - Who is your book crush?

Cannon from No Limits by Lori Foster

7 - What author would you like to have on your blog?

Oh gosh. SO MANY!

8 - What do you wear when you write your blog posts?

Pjs mostly lol. It's a thing. I like to be comfy when I'm sitting here scheduling post. I mostly do it at night when the kids are sleeping anyways; so that's the normal attire at that time (;

9 - How long does it take you to prepare?

It honestly depends on what kind of post I am doing. If it is something like these tags, then not long. They are easy to format and it is just answering some questions.. Book Reviews - those can take a bit. I did cut down some time by having a template made for my reviews; depending on the star. I have everything set up to just add the book cover, copy and paste the title; synopsis; release date and all that jaz.. the graphic for the review rating is already there as well as my blog sig - so all I need to do is write in my review and add links!

10 - How do you feel about the blogging community?

I think it is like every other community you run into. There are good people and there are people who just want to see the world burn. With that said; I think this community is what we make of it. If you are looking for a good experience, a place to make friends, find great reads, interact with authors - it's a wonderful place. Just know that there are also people around who feed on the negative and sometimes that spreads. I like to focus on the positive, it makes for a much better experience!

11 - What do you think one should do to create a successful blog?

Be YOU! There are tons of bloggers out there and everyone does something different. Just stay true to you; post YOUR content; write things YOUR way and have fun!


WHO I AM TAGGING

Like I said above; I am tagging ALL of you!
Why? Because I want to know about you too!


-------------------------------------------------------------

Broken Souls is Hosting a Blogging Challenge!

You can sign up at THIS LINK!
I am hosting a Bookish New Year challenge for book bloggers!
If you have time; stop in and check it out!
While you're there; sign up to participate!
Hope everyone is having a great week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment