Friday, December 13, 2019

Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag

I don't actually know who the original person who created this tag is, but I came across it on
Bookish HedgeMom's wonderful blog!
I am tagging all of YOU LOVELY BLOGGERS out there! Yes; even YOU!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

      → → Tag and link the person who tagged you (because they probably want to visit!)
      → → Tick or cross off the ones you’ve done
      → → Tag another 10 people!
      → → I’m going to assume 1-10 points is nice and 11-20 points is naughty.


#1 - Received an ARC and not reviewed it

Since I just recently started back up blogging after 8 years of a "break" - I have reviewed everything I have received so far! I try and stick to this, as I know an author letting their work go to us for no cost does cost them on some front. Plus, I know the reviews help get the word out about the books they worked so hard on!

#2 - Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley - ✓ ✓

I think I have requested 2 on Netgalley since I have been back. One of them I did review and the other I have not yet. I'm also pretty positive that it's past the time for me to be able to review it lol. It just wasn't one that held my attention like I thought it would; so I have honestly been putting off the review.

#3 Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)

Nope. All my reviews are posted on GR and Amazon once they go live on my blog. There are still some on GR that state "full review to come," but I have every single intention of actually reviewing them!

#4 Folded down a page of a book

What kind of horrible monster do you think I am? Who actually does this? Is it really a thing? Are people actually friends with people who do this?

#5 Accidentally spilled on a book - ✓ ✓

I have no - but my kid has... I am also checking this one off because - well; I'm an idiot lol. I like to read in a nice relaxing bubble bath, because who doesn't, right?! Well; one time I was just hanging out; doing my thing, reading my book. And - with all of the loudness he could muster - my son comes BUSTING in the bathroom and good ol' me drops the darn book in the water! The level of upset I was fellow book lovers!

$6 DNF a book this year - ✓ ✓

Quite a few of them actually. At one point, I would try and get myself to finish them; even if I knew it was something I didn't like. Now I've learned that time is way to precious to sit there and try and finish a book I am not into at all, just because I think I owe it to someone. Nope. Not today. Not this girl.

#7 Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it

I do buy books that are pretty - but I have honestly every intention of reading the books I buy. I do have a lot that I have not read yet, but when I bought them, it was with the intent to read them. I just tend to buy and buy and buy - and I don't entirely read as fast as I buy lol.

#8 Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else ✓ ✓

Doesn't everyone? I mean come on, I'm an adult. This is literally how I avoid doing ADULT THINGS. All of the things. Don't want to clean the kitchen right now? Grab a book.. Sick of this laundry pile - grab a book. Having an anxiety attack for the masses - get lost in a book!

#9 Skim read a book ✓ ✓

I try SO hard not to do this. There is so much information and story on each page of the books that I feel like I miss a lot when I skim read. However - some novels just kind of - don't do it for you.. So I skim to see what all the hype was about and then put the thing away.

#10 Completely missed your Goodreads goal

Honestly; every single time I have set one on GR; I have gotten it. I didn't set one this year because I came back to blogging late and I decided that this year would be a year I read just for ME. What I wanted to; when I wanted to. I could DNF something and not think twice about it. I could re-read old books that I love and wanted to revisit. I could jump from series to series if I wanted. It was fun. I plan to keep the same mind frame next year when I set my goal. I will still do reviews and arcs and tours and all of that - but only if it's interesting to me.

#11 Borrowed a book and not returned it - ✓ ✓

Looks at the random library books on my shelf from various military bases as we moved around.
Sometimes; between the chaos of packing up an entire house to move it lord knows where - the books accidentally got packed as well.

#12 Broke a book buying ban - ✓ ✓

Y'all. I have ZERO self control. It's a problem. I probably need meetings. Send help.

#13 Started a review, left it for ages, then forgot what the book was about - ✓ ✓

Mother of goodness yes! Let's reference back to that book I was talking about in my Netgalley percentage question. I have NO idea what it was about anymore. I can't even tell you the names of the characters without reading the synopsis again.

#14 Wrote in a book - ✓ ✓

I have done this ONE TIME.. Almost broke my heart to do so. A friend wanted me to write notes in one of my favorite novels that I got her. Reasons why I liked it. Things I thought about the characters.. Stuff that reminded me of her (it was a book about best friends.) It was actually a neat little gift when I was done! Never again though.

#15 Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads - ✓ ✓

I try my hardest to keep that darn thing updated; but if you're my friend on there - you know I have adding things to GR sprees. I'll go to look at something and be like, CRAP! I FORGOT TO ADD THIS! - and then proceed to go and add every book I haven't added yet.

#16 Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend

Nah man. I value my life. MY reading friends value their books just as much as I do. This is a mortal sin.

#17 Dodged someone asking if they could borrow a book ✓ ✓

Yes. I don't know about you - but I don't trust just any ol' person with my books. This is real life people. Serious business.

#18 Broke the spine of someone else’s book

N E V E R.

#19 Took the jacket off to protect it and making it more damaged - ✓ ✓

Not going to lie; if it has a dust jacket - it's coming off. It annoys me when I am trying to read.

#20 Sat on a book

Not to my knowledge.

Total Points: 12/20

Well crap.
Guess I am on the naughty list.
I'll take it though.
Some things in life we just can't change.
Me being naughty is apparently one of them!


WHO I AM TAGGING
Like I said above; I am tagging ALL of you!
Why? Because I want to know about you too!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Broken Souls Is Hosting a Blogging Challenge!

You can sign up at THIS LINK!
I am hosting a Bookish New Year challenge for book bloggers!
If you have time; stop in and check it out!
While you're there; sign up to participate!
Hope everyone is having a great week!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome answers, very entertaining! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answers made me laugh. I have such a hard time lending my books out because I take such good care of them and I don't want anyone to ruin them. Plus, honestly I have a hard time sharing lol.

    emilythebooknerdxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag! May I participate in it too?
    I would probably be on a naughty list too haha!
    New follower here! :)
    Priyanka @ A Booklion's Hideaway

    ReplyDelete