Saturday, December 7, 2019

Bookending Winter 2019: Sport-tacular Christmas!

Clo (at Cuppa Clo) & Sam (at Fictionally Sam) once again bring you - Bookending Winter! This is one of the quarterly events, running under the umbrella term “Bookend Events”, aspiring to bring the book blogging community closer together! These events are open to all book bloggers! Want to take part? Or just follow along? You can get all the information AT THIS POST!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping in today! This is my first time taking part in this event and I am having a blast so far! You will be here with me for the next 4 days! If you decide to participate in the topic today; make sure you link back to THIS POST so others can follow along as well!

Today's Prompt Information:

Prompt Explanation: Tis the Season for Sports! I don’t know about you, but when I think winter, I think sports. There’s hockey; football and many others going on at the same time. Nothing makes me happier than some snow, an arena, a sheet of ice and men adorned in hockey uniforms fighting for that win! What sport (or sports) does it for you? Who is your favourite team(s)? Favourite Player(s)? — but above all; I want to know what your favourite Book and/or Series featuring a sport player is!


Favorite Sports & Sports Teams


Hockey


I am a HUGE hockey fan! I live about 30 mins away from Nashville, TN and we are home to the Nashville Predators. I am a die hard fan! I use to have season passes; but with health issues and things had to give them up. I still go to as many home games as possible and watch every game I cannot make, plus the away games on tv! I own way too much Preds stuff; have collected so much over the years and probably annoy my husband more than a wife should about it!

Football


I have 2 teams that I watch for this actually. I am from Louisiana; so I am a down home girl when it comes to teams! For the NFL I watch the New Orleans Saints and for College Ball I want LSU! You can't get more down home than this! Both teams have their ups and downs, like most teams - but this year LSU is on fire! Win or lost though; I still love them!


Favorite Players You Love to Watch

Can be from one team - or several!

Hockey

ROMAN JOSI & PEKKA RINNE - from the Nashville Predators

     

Pekka is our goaltender and he is downright amazing! Josi is a center and out team Captain and he is a beast! I honestly had issues narrowing this down, because I like every guy on the team. They all bring something that makes the team click! I left out the other two I wanted to do for this one, because I would have just ended up putting the entire team on here lol.

Football

LSU - Burrows / Saints - Brees

     

As far as football goes; I follow both the LSU QB and the Saints QB more than I do anyone else.


Favorite Book(s)/Series Featuring a Sports Player

I have SEVERAL of these! In no particular order; here they are!


See Series on Goodreads!
I LOVE everything by Toni Aleo - but her Nashville Assassins Series is my favorite! If you have not read this, you should! This is the first 5 novels, there are more! She even branches it off into other aspects of other teams and keeps it going with even more characters! I love all things hockey and these novels are fantastic!



See Series on Goodreads!
Jaci Burton has a fantastic Play by Play series that is all thing sports! What I love about this series is that it is about several diff sports and the men that come along with them! Outside of hockey, I love reading about football, baseball and some others and Jaci Burton covers them all! I highly suggest this series to anyone who loves sports romance! Again, this is just the first 5 novels, but there are plenty more!



See Series on Goodreads!
If you follow my blog, or know me at all - you Lori Foster is one of my all time favorite authors! Her Ultimate Series is a spring off of her SBC Fighter Series and I am 100% in freaking love! The Ultimate Series even incorporates the SBC gym and some of the people as well, so we get to revisit some of our favorite characters! I am a fan of watching MMA - so these novels are fantastic! They are chalked full of romance, hilarious men and women; great story lines and most of the time you want to read them in one sitting! Give them a chance if you haven't! There are only these 5 in the series!


-------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss With Me!

What was YOUR favorite sport to watch?!
Do you have any favorite teams?
Let me know your favorite players!
I'd love to hear from you all!

3 comments:

  1. Aaah thank you for being one of our hosts lovely! Honestly I'm not really a sporty person, the closest I've gotten to loving sports is doing horse riding and I loved that, started at 6yrs old and I last went when I was 16 due to needing to focus on my GCSE's and then life sorta hit my family like a ton of bricks and I've not been able to go back since.

    I like the idea of ice hockey to be fair, here in Nottingham we have an ice hockey team of the panthers (may be the black panthers I don't know I don't pay attention whoops). My favourite book I've read featuring sports, specifically ice hockey was a book on wattpad which I think has now been published into a physical book. It was Puck You by Peyton Novak, such a good book loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up as the only girl. 2 brothers and 2 cousins who were boys.. so sports were kind of a way of life. Hockey I wasn't really into, UNTIL I read Toni Aleo's series, based off the players of The Nashville Predators. I watched some games and was hooked!

      I have read Puck You and I actually loved it!

      Delete
  2. Everytime someone says 'hockey' I immediately think of field hockey until I remember that's probably not the case 😄 but I do like watching the ice hockey games because they're intense and I like intensity in games. But I've probably watched rugby the most as it's the popular sport in South Africa. Otherwise I really like watching hockey and soccer.
    I think for sports books all I've read have just been young adult (for the most part) but I do like new adult romances with sports (or the appeal of them)

    ReplyDelete