Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday! - The Anticipation!

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here, at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you're continuing with WOW, feel free to link those up as well! Find out more here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE reading; as I am sure the rest of you reading this blog do! The best part about reading? Discovering new characters. I have 2 books today, one of them by one of my favorite authors that I have the joy of personally knowing! If you love romance books; these two are for you. If you love sports romance, then Toni Aleo is someone you should think about reading if you have not yet! I have taken some time lately to read for just ME. Not for the blog; not for ARCs; not for a tour; or anything else - but just for me. It never fails that a sports romance pulls me out of my funk. If you decide to give these two novels a try, I'd love to hear your opinion on them!

& now we get to the books!


Power Play(Nashville Assassins: Next Generation #2)
by: Toni Aleo
Add to GoodReads
Posey Adler is coming home. After a devastating journey for what she mistakenly thought was true love, she is saying to hell with men and love forever. As the Nashville Assassins’s new assistant coach for special teams, Posey is ready to focus on her job and have the attention on her for a change. She’s been haunted by her place in her sister’s shadow, but this is her chance to shine and force her family to take notice. But in order to make a name for herself, she’s going to have to go toe-to-toe with her team’s leading power play scorer.

Boon Hoenes lives for special teams. The power play is his favorite thing about the game. He loves having that advantage over his opponent. And most of the time, it’s his quick thinking that sends the puck to the back of the goal when he’s on the ice. Off the ice, however, no amount of quick thinking prepared his heart for being dumped by his college sweetheart. Boon has sworn off women, but when Posey Adler comes onto his ice—and kicks him off his beloved power play—he decides she’s one woman he doesn’t want to swear off.

They’ve both been hurt, but instead of going in for the penalty kill, Boon is ready to convince Posey their hearts are the secret to how they’ll win.

How they’ll score the ultimate goal.


The Princess of Chaos (An Underestimated Novel Book 2)
by: Candice Wright
Add to GoodReads
Once upon a time there was a princess...
But that’s where this fairytale ends
My castle was a compound,
My subjects - a bunch of rowdy bikers
And the villain of this tale was my father, the king.
When a brutal attack leaves me no choice but to flee, I find myself cast out and alone.
Six years later I’m dragged back to hell as nothing more than a pawn
But I’m not the same girl that ran
So I’ll play their game
But not by their rules
Because this time I won’t go down without a fight
It will take more than Knight’s on chrome horses to break me.
The Princess has returned
And it’s time to take back my crown.

Please be advised that this book may cause shallow breathing, exploding ovaries and spontaneous disintegration of panties. As a result, all readers should be over the age of 18 and refrain from reading in public places.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Broken Souls Is Hosting a Blogging Challenge!

I am hosting a Bookish New Year challenge for book bloggers!
If you have time; stop in and check it out!
While you're there; sign up to participate!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Broken Soul Reviews

-------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss With Me!

What are you waiting on?
Have you read these authors before?
Will you be adding them to your TBR list?
I'd love to hear from all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Both of these books sound great, especially the Princess book! Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two sound really good!! Thanks for sharing them.
    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books featuring hockey players! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In first book, wow, I can honestly feel the characters' chemistry just sizzling everywhere...hope you have a chance to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete