Thursday, December 5, 2019

Bookending Winter 2019: Let's Talk Big Screen!

Clo (at Cuppa Clo) & Sam (at Fictionally Sam) once again bring you - Bookending Winter! This is one of the quarterly events, running under the umbrella term “Bookend Events”, aspiring to bring the book blogging community closer together! These events are open to all book bloggers! Want to take part? Or just follow along? You can get all the information AT THIS POST!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping in today! This is my first time taking part in this event and I am having a blast so far! You will be here with me for the next 4 days! If you decide to participate in the topic today; make sure you link back to THIS POST so others can follow along as well!

Today's Prompt Information:

Today we are going to talk about Your Favorite Christmas/Winter Movies!
I want this to be a Top 10 kind of thing.
If you do not have 10, that is okay too! I just want to see all the different movies everyone likes to binge on during this comfy blanket, hot chocolate kind of season!

My Top 10:

Honestly; I had a ton of issues even narrowing this down to 10. It actually ends up being 11, but you will see why once you read through this entire post! There are just so many to choose from; I have no clue what I was thinking when I decided to have us all narrow this down to 11. I picked these movies because they are ones I watch again and again; sometimes more than once during the season. These don't even include the Lifetime; Hallmark; Netflix and Freeform Christmas movies that come on! Be serious; things just get complicated at that point.

Movies 1-5 are up First!

Now, these are in no particular order; but I love them all nonetheless!


--> The Grinch - You can't go wrong with this one! It's a good story and it's a big hit around this house! Who doesn't love a heartwarming story!

--> Home Alone - What is Christmas without Kevin?! I know there are more than just this one movie, but this is my favorite out of all of them. It is a must during the Christmas Holiday!

--> Jack Frost - Growing up; I was always in love with the story of Jack Frost. There have been many versions of him over time, but this has got to be one of my favorites!

--> Rudolph - Is it really even Christmas without this. Complete Seriousness here. I watch this one at least 4-5 times each Christmas. It helps that my kids love it as well!

--> The Polar Express - I kid you not - we have a "Polar Express Party" around here every December. We throw on pajamas; get some comfy blankets; everyone has hot chocolate and we put this on and proceed to sing along to every single word. At this point, I think we all quote the movie the entire time! It's such a blast and a fun thing to do with the kids.. Even the 13 year old likes it!

& Now; Movies 6-10!



--> Best Man Holiday - I understand that this might not be everyone's "cup of tea" kind of Christmas movie; but if you have not seen it; YOU SHOULD! It is beyond a good one and I watch it every December!

--> National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - Clark Griswold - enough said.

--> This Christmas - I cannot have a Christmas without watching this. Since the year it came out, it has been a staple in my house every December. I love everything about it. The music, the story line - everything! It tugs at the heartstrings and I just love it.

--> Noelle - While this one is new, it's freaking adorable and amazing and it will now be a yearly thing in this house!

--> A Snow Globe Christmas - My daughter actually had me watch this when it came out on Freeform some years back and goodness was it adorable.

I DON'T KNOW HOW I NARROWED THIS DOWN!
I have so many more that I want to add to this list! A Charlie Brown Christmas; Frosty the Snowman; Elf; Jingle All the Way; The Santa Clause; Scrooge; A Christmas Story..
AND THE LIST NEVER ENDS!

The Most Important Movie of Them All

Now. I know this is the age old question.
Is this really a Christmas Movie or Not?

My husband says yes.
My daughter says yes.
My son just agrees with whoever he likes most at that moment.
I took a Facebook poll and the answer seemed to mostly be yes.

So.. For everyone interested.
For the never ending arguments I know people have had.
For those that just had to be right; and to those who need to prove someone wrong.

It's not Christmas until I see Hans Gruber fall off Nakatomi Plaza
Die Hard IS a Christmas Movie!


-------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss With Me!

What are YOUR favorite Christmas Movies?
Did any of yours make my list?
Any that you want me to know about?
I'd love to hear from you all!

10 comments:

  1. Christmas movies! Apparently I like them 😄 Realised that I could just comment with Google and not name/url 😂. Yes for the Grinch!! It's like the ultimate Christmas movie! I can't remember much of The Polar Express, but then I've only watched it a few times. 🙈
    I think I remember The Santa Clause. And liked it - I believe I might've watched all three movies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like The Santa Clause movies! I think they are super cute!

      Delete
    2. 😁 Maybe I should rewatch them soon.

      Delete
  2. It's not Christmas until I see A Muppet Christmas Carol. I really wish Brian Henson kept making classic tales with the muppets. The two he did were brilliant, and entertaining for adults too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! That is a good one! My kids love it, especially the younger one.

      Delete
  3. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! I personally agree, Die Hard IS a Christmas movie 😂 And I agree, Kevin needs to be present every Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSS! It's an awesome Christmas movie! I am so glad someone else gets this!

      Delete
  4. I have seen most of the kids movies, and Polar Express is one of my favorites. Another one I used to love was on a VHS tape, and it was a Max & Ruby Christmas special and I watched it EVERY year. I loved it. Such good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've seen any of these...oh wait I've seen Home Alone and that's it but I think that was at school haha. I'm not a huge christmas movie person but I have been watching the ones that are on TV with my grandma and they are fun though they're more romantic ones. Totally gooey and full of cliches but I love them haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those are the best! I love the Lifetime and Hallmark ones. You know what is going to happen; you know when it will happen and you know how it is all going to end.. But they are SO FUN to watch!

      Delete