Friday, November 1, 2019

Book Blogger Hop #2

Book Blogger Hop a link-up hosted by Billy @ Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week, there is a new question to answer. The hop runs from Friday until Thursday. The rules are super simple.. Just answer the weekly question in your post - link up and visit other blogs!
Easy way to have some fun and get to know some fellow bloggers in the process!



This Week The Question Comes From Billy Himself!
Do you read classics? If so, what is your favorite?

Goodness... I believe everyone has a different version of "classic".. There are some that I do read, some that I own, and some that I will probably read over and over again. If I had to really sit here and think about it; it would come down to two. Well, in my version of classics anyways. I will go with my all time favorite though.


Great Expectations
by Charles Dickens
See it on Goodreads

Dickens's magnificent novel of guilt, desire, and redemption

The orphan Pip’s terrifying encounter with an escaped convict on the Kent marshes, and his mysterious summons to the house of Miss Havisham and her cold, beautiful ward Estella, form the prelude to his “great expectations.”

How Pip comes into a fortune, what he does with it, and what he discovers through his secret benefactor are the ingredients of his struggle for moral redemption.

I don't know exactly why, or when it happened, but once I read this one in school, I have read it had lease once every couple of years. I've even read it to both of my children. The story is one that everyone should know. Pip is one of my favorite characters I have ever read about. Some of the story kind of drags on, and I did question the direction once or twice, but whenever someone ask me what my favorite Classic Book is, this is what I tell them. It's kind of like "Scrooge" - not everyone likes him; but once you get to know him, he isn't all that bad in the end. This novel not only tells you a story; but teaches lessons we all should make sure live on.


Discuss With Me!

Share with me; we can compare notes!
Don't forget to check out everyone else's answers as well! You can do that HERE!
You never know; they might list your favorite!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't yet read Great Expectations, can you believe it? I have enjoyed the books I have read by Charles Dickens though. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It is completely worth it! I actually want to read it again just sitting here talking about it lol.

      Delete
  2. Bit late to the party this week ;-) sorry. I've read classic literature over the years but these days I'm looking for more light entertainment. ;-) I know what you mean about the whole "what is classic?" I heave a big sigh when people talk about vintage clothes and they're referring to stuff I used to wear. ;-)
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your week, Tabatha. Here's my BBH Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete